Friday 22 November 2013

SPORTS:Nigerian Player Uche Hopes For Eagles Recall.

The 29-year-old last represented the Super Eagles during their Africa Cup of Nations winning campaign in February, with stiff competition for places seeing the forward overlooked by coach Stephen Keshi.

However, with Nigeria having booked their place at the 2014 World Cup, Uche is desperate to get himself back into the reckoning, starting with a strong showing in the Primera Liga.

"I'll see what I can do here. If I do well at Villarreal, then I'll have my chances and in the end, it's up to the national team manager to decide. I'm focused on my daily work and know that I will have options," Uche said.

The striker has been in fine form in Spain this term, having fired home four goals to help Villarreal to fourth in the La Liga standings, and he is determined to maintain that run throughout the campaign as he looks towards next year's Brazil showpiece.

He added: "I have to keep up the same work and goals, which is what is asked of me. I'm scoring and I want to keep doing that, though the primary thing is to think about the team and that we can keep getting good results, as we have in recent weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment